Monday, June 26, 2006

Wow, my teammates have become rather prolific in their blogging. I better hurry to catch up! For those who are suspicious, it is definitely true that Brad's long-held secret affection for blogging is starting to come out. Crazy! Watch out; next thing you know, he'll be starting up a "cars are good" campaign!

I just wanted to share a few thoughts I keep having about home. Even though I have loved every minute of our Malaysia trip and have been blessed with good health and wonderful support while I am here, every day I encounter reminders that I am not home. Some days it's the unique-tasting food (to state it optimistically.) Other days it's the cold showers. Sometimes it's my inability to communicate with people because of the language differences. Other times it just looks different: the cars are driving on the "wrong" side of the road, the people dress differently, the terrain and the buildings look different. I don't have to look far to remember I am not home.

But isn't that how we're supposed to feel everyday, never being fully satisfied with what this world has to offer and always remembering that a better day is coming? Are we ever really supposed to feel like we're "home" as long as we live on earth? Maybe some of the feelings I'm experiencing on this trip are the same kinds of feelings Jesus felt when He left Heaven to come to earth. Yes, my earthly home may be in the United States, but my real Home is in Heaven. How wonderful that God is using this trip to remind me of that!

We have over 70 reading sessions scheduled for this week. Please pray for these readers, that they would meet their friend Jesus, and come to see where their real Home is!

God bless you all. Your prayers are making a difference!
Love, Mer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home