Monday, June 26, 2006

There was a song we sang in Singapore at Pasir Panjang COC last Sunday that struck me as particularly beautiful in both word and music. I didn't remember hearing it before, but wanted to share it.

Because He Lives:

God sent His Son, they called Him Jesus
He came to love, heal, and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.

How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still, the calm assurance,
This child can face uncertain days because He lives.

And then one day, I'll cross that river,
I'll fight life's final war with pain;
And then as death gives way to vict'ry,
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He reigns.

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.

1 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Eric said...

Yes, that's one of my favorites. I don't think we've ever gotten to sing it at Laurel. It brought back some fond memories of HPCC...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home