Thursday, July 06, 2006

Yesterday was a very busy, but very exciting day. I met with 8 readers and read the story of Christ's birth with most of them (a couple of them were on other lessons.) Normally working that long would exhaust me, but I instead found myself to be very energized by it. This is evidence that God is working!

The amazing thing about this project is how many readers have told me they have never heard the story of Jesus before. (Christmas is nothing more than a commerical holiday here.) My experience shows that most non-believing Americans at least have some idea of who Jesus is, but with these Malaysian students we are starting with a completely clean slate. It is exciting to know that God is planting seeds that will continue to grow as they go throughout the rest of their lives. Please pray that they will not only be interested in these stories, but they will begin to think about the spiritual implications these stories hold for their lives.

Once again, I wanted to assure all of you that you are a vital part of this work. Without your roles as encouragers and prayer supporters, we would not be able to do what we are doing. Thank you for letting God work through you to encourage and sustain us!

". . . so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." --Isaiah 55:11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home