Sunday, July 23, 2006

I just wanted to share with everyone how happy I am today. Today has been a great wonderful awesome fantabulous day! I can't even begin to describe it. First off, Eric preached an excellent sermon on trials this morning that really registered with the church, I think. God really spoke through Eric powerfully. Plus, I just tend to be really encouraged on Sunday mornings anyway and the class and service this morning were especially touching.

Immediately after service we had a special treat. We got to witness Eric's reader James being baptized! How awesome! James came to the church about 3 months ago after "randomly" finding the address online. James is 18 and after he recently moved away from his family to begin his studies, he began to feel the need to seek God. He didn't have a Christian background, so it's obvious the Holy Spirit was working on him to bring him here. After getting to know the church members here, studying with them, and going through LST, James decided to be baptized. We all gathered at a nearby swimming pool to witness it and I must say that it was a spectacular moment. Praise God that James is part of our family now!

After the baptism, another reader, Veronica, showed us around Chinatown. We were blessed to have a young lady from the church who is exactly Veronica's age join us on this trip and it's so great to see how God is building bridges between readers and church members. We are so excited to know Veronica and look forward to hearing how God is working in her life in the near future.

You can see why it's been a grrrrrrrrrrrreat day! I'm exhausted from all the things we did this weekend, but I still bet it will be hard for me to sleep tonight from all the joy it has brought me. Praise be to our marvelous God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home